Why Overthink Healthy When You Can Keep It Simple?
To help our clients stop struggling with healthy living so they can be happy while they get healthy.
We keep it simple, focus on the big picture, and shut down Wellness and Diet Culture BS so our clients can confidently improve their health and enjoy the delicious foods they love.
- Health and Wellness Coaching: focused on a non-restrictive approach to heart-healthy living and managing chronic conditions by improving lifestyle habits around food, activity, sleep, stress, and self-talk.
- Medical Nutrition Therapy is available in Florida and some other states depending on their nutrition license laws. Ask us about your state.
- Health Education: Programs, courses, & cooking classes for groups and individuals.
- Health Events: Presentation and workshops on a variety of health and wellness topics, which can be tailored to your client population health concerns.
- You will know your next, simple step to manage your health and wellness. When you consistently focus on the next step, you will become more confident and comfortable in your ability to manage your health.
- Our programs are evidence-based and build around behavior change theory, motivational interviewing, and health condition management strategies.
- Science, Humor, and Delicious Food.
- Improving Health by Breaking the Typical Dieting “Rules.” We are a weight-neutral practice.
- Building Community. Embracing Uniqueness. Honoring Culture. Black Lives Matter. Love is Love. All bodies are good bodies. We are a Safe Space. However you want to say it: be kind and respectful to one another.
What Makes KHSC Different?
We Have Legit Professional Credentials
Our coaches are professionally licensed and/or nationally certified. Our founder invested in her education and training so she could be confident she could help others live a healthy lifestyle. With wellness, unfortunately, people who don’t know better can unintentionally cause harm to others with inappropriate advice, which is why KHSC only provides coaches who are trained health and wellness professionals. No MLM sales or self-proclaimed “coaches” trained by supplement companies.
We Have a Lot of Coaching Experience
KHSC brings you over 12 years of experience coaching thousands of clients, literally. Our coaches have seen and heard it all from working with everyone from bus drivers and janitors to park rangers and teachers to government officials and CEOs.
We Developed Corporate Wellness Products
Our founder worked for 10 years in two large population health management companies. These are the companies that set up medical clinics on employer worksites and provide wellness programs and incentives to employees. She oversaw the “wellness product” by planning, creating, and delivering coaching programs, presentations, newsletters, and by training coaches to deliver these products and to deliver engaging webinars. This makes KHSC ready to help you offer engaging wellness events to your employees.
We Love Delicious Food
Food is meant to be enjoyed. That includes getting rid of any guilt or shame about eating and no more classifying foods as “good” or “bad.” Because, you realize, that even water will kill you if you take in too much and yet we consider that good right? Just sayin’. And yes, you have to eat, even when your goal is weight loss.
We Are a Weight Neutral Practice
Health, happiness, and confidence do not have a body size. You can be healthy, happy, and confident at a wide range of body shapes and sizes. You can improve your health even if your weight and body composition don’t change. Losing weight doesn’t cure people. Being thin doesn’t keep people healthy. YOU are the one who gets to decide if you want to lose weight or not. KHSC supports their clients for improving their health. This may or may not involve losing or gaining weight.
We Personalize Our Approach to Every Single Client
There is no one-size-fits-all, best way to be healthy and we don’t give out pre-made meal plans or coaching goals. Each one of our clients is unique in their health history, their health goals, their social situations, their preferences, and so many other things. Our coaching clients get a personalized plan that fits for their lifestyle and goals.
We Have Passion
We love delicious food, all things heart-health related, and shutting down Diet and Wellness Culture. Our founder spent a lifetime struggling with her weight and survived a heart attack, so you may get why these things are our jam.
Meet The Team
Alexia may be a lot like you because she has struggled with her weight since her teen years. At 38, she survived a heart attack. Then she had to learn to cook and figure out how to balance a healthy lifestyle with work and family. She turned to education to learn to avoid the BS and to keep herself honest. Alexia still struggles with her weight and is working to be a more mindful and intuitive eater. Until then, she is a macro-counter, loves to lift weights, do yoga, and run – when her body will allow her to move that way.
Certifications & Education
- Licensed Dietitian/Nutritionist with Florida Department of Health
- Certified Health Coach and Certified Personal Trainer through the American Council on Exercise
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist credentialed through the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Culinary Nutrition Certification through the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics
- ServSafe Food Handler Certification
- Weight Management Specialist through the American Council on Exercise
- Master of Science degree in Nutrition & Dietetics and a Bachelor of Science in Health from the University of North Florida.
- Bachelor of Science in Business and Professional Management from Nova Southeastern University.
Alexia has coached, counseled, cooked, sweat, and learned and laughed alongside thousands of people to improve their nutrition and lifestyle habits, break their food rules, and shut down their inner critic to improve their health and weight.
She has worked creating health and wellness content and coaching for two population health management companies, counseling in private practice and as a university wellness dietitian, and taught as an adjunct instructor. She continues to give back to her profession as a preceptor for master’s level dietetic interns and undergraduate nutrition students.
Alexia has been a guest on local news shows and quoted as an expert for Shape Magazine Online, Weight Watchers online, and My Fitness Pal. She has also written articles for 904 Fitness Magazine and the Jacksonville Times Union newspaper, has co-authored one book, and self-publishing two e-books. She is media trained and been speaking publicly since 2006. You can learn more about Alexia on her website.