Why Overthink Healthy When You Can Keep It Simple?
To cut through the BS and confusion about heart-healthy living to help adults keep it simple so they can confidently improve their health, while still enjoying delicious food they love.
To create a community where people take a more relaxed approach to heart-healthy living that balances physical health, emotional wellness, and delicious food.
- Health Education: Programs, Courses, & Cooking Classes for groups and individuals.
- Health Events: Speaking & Workshops tailored to your needs.
- Health Coaching: focused on heart-health and chronic conditions, weight management, and improving lifestyle habits around food, activity, sleep, stress, and self-talk.
- You will know your next, simple step to manage your health and wellness. When you consistently focus on the next step, you will become more confident and comfortable in your ability to manage your health.
- Our programs are engaging and evidence-based relying on behavior change theory, motivational interviewing, and health condition management strategies.
- Your coaches are credible, experienced, and state-licensed or nationally-certified as health professionals. No MLM sales or self-proclaimed “coaches.”
- Science, Humor, and Delicious Food.
- Improving Health by Breaking the Typical Dieting “Rules.”
- Building Community. Embracing Uniqueness. Honoring Each Individual & Their Culture. Black Lives Matter. Love is Love. All bodies are good bodies. We are a Safe Space.
Alexia may be a lot like you because she has struggled with her weight since her teen years. At 38, she survived a heart attack. Then she had to learn to cook and figure out how to balance a healthy lifestyle with work and family. She turned to education to learn to avoid the BS and to keep herself honest. Alexia still struggles with her weight and is working to be a more mindful and intuitive eater. Until then, she is a macro-counter, loves to lift weights, do yoga, and run – when her body will allow her to move that way.
Certifications & Education
- Licensed Dietitian/Nutritionist with Florida Department of Health
- Certified Health Coach and Certified Personal Trainer through the American Council on Exercise
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist credentialed through the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Culinary Nutrition Certification through the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics
- ServSafe Food Handler Certification
- Weight Management Specialist through the American Council on Exercise
- Master of Science degree in Nutrition & Dietetics and a Bachelor of Science in Health from the University of North Florida.
- Bachelor of Science in Business and Professional Management from Nova Southeastern University.
Alexia has coached, counseled, cooked, sweat, and learned and laughed alongside thousands of people to improve their nutrition and lifestyle habits, break their food rules, and shut down their inner critic to improve their health and weight.
She has worked creating health and wellness content and coaching for two population health management companies, counseling in private practice and as a university wellness dietitian, and taught as an adjunct instructor. She continues to give back to her profession as a preceptor for master’s level dietetic interns and undergraduate nutrition students.
Alexia has been a guest on local news shows and quoted as an expert for Shape Magazine Online, Weight Watchers online, and My Fitness Pal. She has also written articles for 904 Fitness Magazine and the Jacksonville Times Union newspaper, has co-authored one book, and self-publishing two e-books. She is media trained and been speaking publicly since 2006. You can learn more about Alexia on her website.
Nutrition Student Volunteer
Ashley is a senior at The University of North Florida in the Nutrition and Dietetics program volunteering through the RD Mentorship Program. She is working to obtain her second Bachelor`s degree and plans to get her Master`s and complete a dietetic internship.
Her previous degree was related to environmental studies, so she is hoping to incorporate the two fields once she gets into the field. Sustainability is a huge part of Ashley’s life and she thinks food sustainability is very important in the field of nutrition! She composts at home and is currently working on growing her own fruits and vegetables to create seasonal recipes.
She has been a pescatarian for the past 5 years (because she refuses to give up sushi) but she generally creates plant-based recipes at home. Ashley has faced her own trials and tribulations with food, which is what led her to dive into the world of nutrition. Through learning the ins and outs of nutrition, she has gained a greater appreciation for food and how to use it as fuel. Her mantra is “eat good, feel good” and she thinks that has helped her the most in healing her relationship with food.
In her free time, she enjoys staying active outdoors and scrolling through social media pages for recipe inspo!
We are creating a community where people take a more relaxed approach to heart-healthy living that balances physical health, emotional wellness, and delicious food.
Get In Touch
- Email us.
- Schedule a call to learn more.
- Join us for an event.
- Find us on Facebook
- Join the Club (okay, it’s a newsletter, but that gets you in the know for all the things.