You’ve Got Questions?
We’ve Got Answers.
About Programs & Courses
What if I just want to lose weight and my heart health is fine?
- We value health and happiness over weight loss because health does not have a body size. But we know we are living in a weight-focused culture and you are absolutely able to set your own body goals.
- We can help you manage your weight; but you will have to eat if you want to work with us. We offer either a non-diet or a macros-based approach to fuel your body and we pair this with exercise so you improve your health and fire up your metabolism.
- We do not promote restrictive dieting (spoiler alert: it makes people heavier long term) and our clients find their weight changes when they focus on their health. They also have a lot less frustration when they stop relying on the scale as their only measure of success.
Why should I trust you?
Credentials & Education. Professionally licensed, nationally certified health professionals who believe in science, humor, and delicious food. No MLM-trained coaches or weekend-course nutritionists here.
- Certified Health Coach and Certified Personal Trainer through the American Council on Exercise
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist credentialed through the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Licensed Dietitian/Nutritionist with Florida Department of Health
- Culinary Nutrition Certification through the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics
- ServSafe Food Handler Certification
- Weight Management Specialist through the American Council on Exercise
- Master of Science degree in Nutrition & Dietetics and a Bachelor of Science in Health from the University of North Florida.
- Bachelor of Science in Business and Professional Management from Nova Southeastern University.
- Over 10 years coaching thousands of clients living different lifestyles with different resources and challenges – from CEOs to teachers to bus drivers.
- We created health programs and protocols, and trained health coaches when we worked for 8 years in two large population health management companies.
- University level instructor for nutrition undergraduates for multiple courses.
What makes you different from other coaches?
- See our credentials, education, and experience in the above drop down. But also…
- We break the typical diet rules. Yes, yes, calories in, calories out. Move more, eat less. But really, no. It’s so much more complex than that.
- We don’t always even start with food and exercise because if you haven’t managed your stress and sleep, then you are fighting a losing battle with yourself.
- We believe you have the best answers for your unique life, so we challenge you to think in new ways instead of telling you what to do. I mean, has someone else telling you what to do worked yet? Nah.
- Our goal setting process is going to feel ridiculously underwhelming to you. You will be tempted to do more. Don’t. We have a system… and it works.
- Finally, you need to be ready to embrace the uncomfortable by eating like a normal human again, which many women don’t even know how to do or what that looks like.
What is the best way for me to be heart-healthy?
- We don’t know you so how could we possibly know what is the best thing for you? We are your partner in health. Together, we find what is best for you.
- We bring you credible information, clinical judgement, the benefit of other’s experiences, and some coaching magic.
- You bring your expertise on you.
- There is no one-size-fits-all, best way to be healthy. (And if someone tells you there is, smile and slowly back away.)
Can I pay in installments?
- Yes, for our 3-month programs.
- You can choose to pay one month at a time when you put a credit card on file with us. Payment for each month is due before any sessions can be scheduled.
Do you take insurance?
- Insurance plans limit how many sessions we can have and how long those sessions can be. By not accepting insurance, we can offer programs that serve our clients best.
- If you are receiving Medical Nutrition Therapy, we can provide you with a Super Bill to submit to your insurance. However, we are only able to provide Medical Nutrition Therapy in Florida and a few other states depending on the state’s and Department of Health licensing regulations. Please ask us about this if you want more information.
I’m not sure I’ m ready. What should I do?
- Join our newsletter or check out a program or course instead of signing up for coaching.
- We encourage you NOT to book a coaching package if you are not sure you are ready to do the work. Your success comes from your actions between sessions – when you do what we talk about during sessions.
- If you really want to try coaching out because you think, maybe, with the right coaching, you can be ready and be successful, then sign up for our 1-month Jump-Start package and see how it goes. If you find you are ready, you can sign up for another package at the end of your month.
Do you offer refunds.
- No. Are you really already thinking this won’t work? 🙂
- Here’s why we don’t offer refunds: Your motivated self decided that you were ready to make lifestyle changes. You made a commitment to yourself by putting your money and time on the line. If we allow you to just say, “nah man, I changed my mind,” then we are failing you as a coach because we are letting you break a promise you made to yourself.
- If you feel like you want to stop coaching – or you feel like you are failing at your goals – tell your coach. You need your coach MORE in these moments than in the moments where things are going great. We can help you reset your mindset and keep your integrity and dignity by keeping promises you make to yourself.
What happens when my coaching package is done?
- We find many clients stay with coaching for 3-9 months. So, if you don’t feel ready to work on your own, then book another package.
- If you’ve got it locked down after your package ends, then we offer a Coaching Accountability Membership that you can join. Ask us for details when it’s time.
Can I pay for coaching with my FSA or HSA Card?
- We are set up to accept these cards but we CANNOT advise you on if our coaching is an allowable expense.
- Please contact your FSA or HSA provider and ask them (1) if health coaching is allowable, and (2) what documentation you need to keep on hand. You may need a Letter of Medical Necessity, which comes from your medical health provider.
I’ll be out of town, can I skip a session?
- Really? This is how you are starting out? 🙂
- There aren’t many places left in the world where you cannot have a video chat or a phone call, so not being home is not a reason to miss a session. In fact, you probably need the session more when you are on vacation, visiting family and friends, or away with work.
- Coaching gives you weekly sessions for the duration of your package. This means you get up to 4 sessions most months. In longer months, you get up to 5 sessions. But once the week is over, the session is gone and does not carry over to future weeks.
What is the difference between standard text messaging and priority?
- Texting a coach between sessions is a resource that many of our clients love. They can reach out when they struggle, text nightly for accountability, or ask questions when they need some guidance.
- Standard text messaging means we get back to you within 48 hours.
- Priority text messaging means we get back to you within 4 hours.
- However, text is only monitored during normal business hours (Monday – Friday, 8am – 6pm) and there will be times that we do not reply – on purpose – because we think you can solve your issue if given some time. Many clients are amazed that they figure out what to do within minutes of sending the text. We actually do you a disservice if we solve all your issues and are always there telling you what to do. A good coach gives you the skills to figure things out because problem-solving is a huge part of building healthy habits that will last a lifetime.
What’s the difference between standard scheduling and VIP?
- Standard scheduling means that you can schedule your sessions on our regular coaching days. Coaching days are limited to 1-2 days a week for a set 8-hour block of time. For example, Fridays from 10:00am – 6:00pm ET. If you have a fairly set schedule, we recommend standard scheduling.
- VIP scheduling means you have access to additional days and times for your sessions. This gives you more control over your schedule and gives you more options for moving your weekly appointment if things come up. If you have a full schedule, or your schedule changes a lot, then we recommend VIP scheduling.
What do you consider “one month” of coaching?
- We do not run on a calendar month.
- Your coaching “month” starts the day you sign up for coaching and ends the following month on that day-minus-1. For example, if you sign up for coaching on February 17, then your month ends March 16.
- For this reason, we encourage you to complete your onboarding paperwork and schedule your first session the day you sign up for a package so you don’t lose valuable coaching sessions!
- If you sign up after the standard coaching day has passed, we will adjust your “month” so you do not lose a weekly session based on your sign up day.
What is the KHSC Cooking Class Library with the VIP option?
- Who knew the hardest part of being an adult was figuring out what to eat every day?
- The library is an online members-only portal that gives you access to PDF recipes and videos of our cooking classes as well as some food and cooking tips.
- It has options to answer to the dreaded question, “what’s for dinner?” (or breakfast, or lunch, or for a snack.)
What online programs can I choose from with the VIP option?
Any available online program or course we offer. More are on their way, but currently you can choose from:
- Keeping Meal Planning Simple
- Keeping Macros Simple
We are creating a community where people take a more relaxed approach to heart-healthy living that balances physical health, emotional wellness, and delicious food.
Get In Touch
- Email us.
- Schedule a call to learn more.
- Find us on Facebook
- Join the Club (okay, it’s a newsletter, but that gets you in the know for all the things.