Think you are a “no cook” and can’t cook well – or cook at all? You can become an at-home “pro cook.”
Throughout the series, you will make simple recipes that you can recreate at home and learn the “how-to” of being a great home-cook. Classes are led by a certified culinary nutritionist and registered dietitian who starts with the fundamentals and then sharpens your culinary skills.
This series is perfect for:
- Younger adults who never took time to learn to cook healthy meals
- Parents with children who are interested in cooking who want learn skills and make meals together (under 18 must be accompanied by adult)
- Adults who want to learn some new healthy and simple dishes
Overview of Sessions
Please contact us if you have any food allergies or sensitivities so we can discuss adjusting the recipes.
Once you register, you get access to this online module before your first session. This has information to help you prepare for the first session.
- Get a grasp on how to really understand what is involved when you read a recipe so you don’t end up spending so much more time than you planned in the kitchen.
- Learn the beauty of mis en place so you are prepared to cook without any surprises in the middle of cooking.
- Review some food safety basics so your foods stay safe and your meals keep your tummy happy.
- Recipe: Fruit Pita Pizzas
- Review the basic tools and equipment to keep in your kitchen to get started as a future at-home “pro” cook.
- Get a handle on knife skills to learn how to safely reduce how much time you spend chopping and prepping.
- Learn measuring techniques including when it is important to measure and when you can wing it.
- Recipe: Vegan Coleslaw with Lemon Garlic Dressing
- Discuss different cooking methods and how they impact the nutrition in your meals.
- Review the basics of a nutritionally balanced meal.
- Practice food math so you know how to adjust recipes that still turn out well and use less measuring tools, which saves you cleaning time.
- Explore food swaps you can make so meals fit your nutrition preferences and can be tailored to different eating plans.
- Recipe Pineapple Tofu Skewers with Peanut Sauce.
- Review the many options to give your food flavor without the saltshaker.
- Explore how to transform leftovers into like-new dishes to keep cooking simple and prevent food boredom.
- Determine your next steps on your way to becoming a Pro Cook.
- Recipe Chicken & Black Bean Burrito Bowls
Registration & Information
Private Individual Sessions
We can come to your home in the Nocatee/Ponte Vedra area and give you personalized attention to build your kitchen confidence and cooking skills. Get more information.
Private Group Sessions
Bring together a few friends to gather in your home in the Nocatee/Ponte Vedra areas and take these classes together. This is a unique way to have some fun and build your tribe of healthy, foodie friends. Contact us for group pricing.
Online Self-Paced Program
Coming Soon – Join the waitlist to be notified when available.
Note: This does not prepare you for becoming a professional chef. This is designed to help people become a “pro” in their own home kitchens.
The information and recipes provided are intended to be nutrition and dietary guidance only and not medical advice.